NSA The 60 Minute Network Security Guide /SNAC Systems and Network
End User Resources for Students, Staff, and Faculty
* * ATN Virus Notices -- ATN's recommendations for protection against computer
viruses and recent notices about prolific viruses.
* Get Norton Antivirus -- Norton Antivirus protects you while you're surfing the Internet or getting information from floppy disks, CDs, or a network. It also automatically scans incoming attachments in the most popular email programs.
* Get Secure CRT -- SecureCRT combines the reliability, usability and configurability of a proven Windows terminal emulator with the secure login and data transfer capabilities of Secure Shell (SSH) and should be used in place of telnet for remote login.
* PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) -- PGP is a widely used encryption technology that has become the de facto standard for encryption of email on the Internet.
* Securing Broad Band Connections at Home -- This includes ISDN, DSL, Cable, and Satellite home connections to the Internet.
* Summary of Security Services -- A short description of services offered by the Security Office, ideal for use in grant proposals.
* VPN Frequently Asked Questions -- Common questions and answers about using the VPN client to access UNC-Chapel Hill services.